On March 21st 2016, ( World Down syndrome Day), 11 families with 12 children came together to set up The Down syndrome Centre Midlands.The age profile was at the time from age 3 to 12 years of age. Today we have 50 families + on our database from under 1 to over 25+ years of age.
- Our Objectives
- To provide essential services, information and support to people with Down syndrome and their families in the Midlands Region counties Thus ensuring that our children and adults grow up to be the best that they can be, fully taking part in and contributing to their communities.
- We intend to be the first Down Syndrome Centre outside the Dublin centre based in Portlaoise that is the Centre of the country with access from all the major roads.
- We are a highly motivated group, as all of us have a child with Down syndrome. We have a very good skill set at our disposal .
- Our Centre to be able to offer services in the most cost effective manner.
- Our aim is to cater for our people from there first to last breath and give them a home where they will always be welcome and can thrive.